New Orleans Police & Justice Foundation
|Category:||Public Safety & Crime Prevention|
- The Tragedy Fund, administered by NOPJF, has provided over $140,000 to seriously injured officers and their families in their time of need.
- NOPJF's Tuition Assistance Program offsets the cost of college for NOPD employees.
- From personal protective gear to horses and canines, NOPJF is filling gaps by providing officers with the equipment and supplies they need to keep us safe.
- NOPJF's Cops for Kids Program provides a safe, enriching environment for 150 at-risk New Orleans youth every year.
- New Orleans citizens are helping NOPD identify suspects and solve crimes by registering more than 4,000 private security cameras through NOPJF's SafeCamNOLA.com.
- NOPJF's groundbreaking Adopt-a-Block initiative is helping residents install private security cameras in high crime hot spots.
- NOPJF's JoinNOPD.org Campaign is recruiting the next generation of police officers.
- NOPJF's OPISIS Technology initiative makes NOPD more efficient and effective by providing real time data and cutting edge crime analysis software.
- NOPJF's training investments bring world-class leadership development courses and law enforcement best practices to NOPD officers.
The NOPJF provides the equipment, training and technology my officers need to fight crime and make New Orleans a safer place to live, work and visit."
- Superintendent Michael Harrison